Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Joy, Joy and more Joy!!!

Bet you wonder where this blogger has been -- WINDSOR -- won some tickets to Caesars to see Donna Summers and a free suite. There is no greater joy than a free bee and so girls enter all the contests you can! You can buy the tickets, but truly a free bee is joy to the highest power. Another joy is to have good friends who will take hold of the wild beast -- in fact one friend picked up Snowie and brought her to her home so Snowie had a little get-away too. How we miss appreciating those little things -- FAVORS FRIENDS DO WITHOUT MAKING YOU FEEL GUILTY.

Joy plus,plus, plus. A hotel room fit for an Oprah in training. A lovely Manhattan living room, with marble bathroom and a private suite with panoramic windows of Detroit waterfront - view fit for two Park Avenue Princesses. Don't you just love nice hotel bedding? Two spa robes awaited us after I could wrench them out of the closet. I almost dislocated my wrist tugging that door handle up and down -- hello had to get the maid to show me to PULL the door. Girls, enjoy a good laugh at your stupids?? I do!!!

The tickets - more Joy seat 13. What could have made me a tad happier was to scale over a few individuals and sit in lucky seat 13 in Lucky row 13. Well, I had not been to a concert obviously for a long, long time. The flat screens, now the size of my two garage doors, took care of having to bring the binoculars and for Miss Summers made her oh so visible. She emerged like a shooting star in a silver sequined gown, still got the pipes but has definitely had been sideswiped like the rest of us, by menopause. Isn't it nice when the stars confess they too have been dating the Doritos -- claimed "she had not eaten in 30 years - and so she made up for it."

Well, as I sat there watching her, I thought there is a gift to my own downfalls -- gives this lady the gift of my compassion. Also, I thought, what a blessing that maybe we don't get the fame we secretly crave -- the abuse the famous take from the press for their weight, looks, and probably right down to the colour they paint their toenails -- brutal! What guts it takes to get on stage and know that every chick in the place is thinking -- including to quote Joy from the View " the skinny bitches" -- elbowing the husband that Donna Summer has gotten fat! Well when I went down for the buffet --you know how they like to feed you free -- makes you stronger to pull the one armed bandit, I was looking around for Donna, but she wasn't among us. Oh well, the more grub for the rest of us -- nothing like a sugar coma to help you hand over the kid's inheritance to the slot machines.

And so, I am sure right at this moment (lunch time) our Miss Summers is hungrily staring at a salad and a plate of chocolate chip cookies. I'm sure she is woozy from the lack of refined carbs -- but I say to her " Donna to hell with us -- eat the dam cookie honey," And that is my message for today. Go easy on ourselves and each other -- this weight thing is a hell of a battle. A blast from the past question -- do you recall Susan Powter - the fat makes you fat gal ?


No comments:

Post a Comment