Saturday, September 19, 2009

September morning!!

How do you describe the joy of a September morning? The fog over the fields, the sun shining and the air conditioning not pumping for once like Arnold in the Terminator. Off to Trails End I headed looking for Barley Green. (Barley Green Guy is gone) Well as I arrived the chip wagon lady was firing off her first batch of artery cloggers -- Poutine and guess what, at 8:00 in the a.m. they are throwing back fries, tacos and any other thing that isn't walking around the place.

I have had many a good memory there -- don't you just love it when the kids say "see ya" and 2 hours later you are not sure if they have been abducted or not. Unfortunately, not. As you sit up in the dining room in the sky, surrounded by more plastic, and insulation than you install in a fishing shack, you look down and see one of yours weaving in and out of the stalls like a drunken sailor. As you lean over, screaming like a fish wife, "come up here now" there becomes a moment of dead silence in the land of fruit and all eyes look up to the balcony. Do I do the Queen Elizabeth wave at my fans? Or are they looking because I have just cracked a flat of eggs?

So to cut it short today -- Joy the the World, My Painter Came, Let Arlene receive her Peace -- I have to don the white helmet and oversee the site. While I was blogging we already had a wrong wall painted -- was discussed before -- but now its my problem. Ah, but that's another subject. The Joy of subtrades.

No comments:

Post a Comment